Saturday, February 3, 2018

Anne Maro Slanina - aka Annie Mouse


My name is Anne M. Slanina aka "AnnieMouse"
I am a children's author and Route 66 enthusiast, from Youngstown, OH and live in Harrisville, PA. On my day job I am a professor in the Elementary/Early Childhood Education Department at Slippery Rock University of PA.



Q: Tell me a little bit about your first contact with Route 66
Standin' on the Corner
A:  My first contact with Route 66 was in 2006. My younger son moved to southern Arizona and I wanted to drive cross-country to visit. Driving cross-country had been a dream of mine, so I thought I'd do it once and fly after that. However, I fell in love with Route 66 along the way- first experiencing the Oklahoma Route 66 museum in Clinton, OK, and then I was "hooked."  

In 2007 I prepared my annual trip to visit my son with Route 66 maps and tour guides and planned on making my stopping points at all of the major Route 66 icons. Each year after that I learned more and kept adding to my list of "must-stops" for each trip. 
Annie Mouse 

I had already authored a series of Annie Mouse Adventures and Gary Turner (at Gay Parita's in Paris Springs, MO) encouraged me to write a Route 66 Annie Mouse Adventure, telling me that there wasn't enough out there for children and families. Eventually, I followed his advice and incorporated many of my photographs into Annie Mouse's Route 66 Adventure: A Photo Journal.

Q: What's your reason to stick with the Mother Road to date?
Annie Mouse at the Wildley Theatre
in Edwardsville, IL
A:  My reason for sticking with it is that I am now part of the Route 66 "family" and look forward to visiting all of the people that I have become friends with, even though my son and his family have since moved back to Ohio.

I have since authored a chapter book: Annie Mouse's Route 66 Family Vacation and a coloring book and continue to gather material, photographs and information for my next photo journal.

I also enjoy seeing how Route 66 continually changes each year: some communities thrive and others are slowly dying, but each year the trip is a different experience.


Anne Maro Slanina - the Author

Q: Do you have any inspirational quote or slogan that describes either you or what you do best?
A: "Get your kids on Route 66!"  Route 66 is for children and families, too!

Q: Anything else that comes to your mind, that you would like to share with other Route 66 Travelers from around the world. Anything special for the German audience?
A: My books are available all across the route.  (If you have a business and don't carry them, please contact me directly if you would like to carry them.) 

Route 66 related books include:
  • Annie Mouse's Route 66 Adventure: A Photo Journal, 
  • Annie Mouse's Route 66 Family Vacation (the chapter book)  
  • The Adventures of Annie Mouse: The Coloring Book. 

I do ship them internationally from my web site and they are all available on Amazon in digital form for those who enjoy e-books.  The e-books are especially great for educators to project to classrooms of children.
Annie Mouse's Adventures on Route 66

Anne M. Slanina's - Webseite 


Annie Mouse Books - Author and Illustrator's Information
including all the Adventures of Annie Mouse books,
as well as information for parents and teachers.

Social Media Channels :

Facebook   |   Amazon  

Anne M. Slanina with her family at the Wigwam Motel in San Bernardino, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment